About Dave Logan
Written by Julie Browman
Dave Logan has been a fixture in the Colorado Sports scene for over 30 years. Instead of rattling off his impressive resume, I’ve chosen to share some rare facts about Dave, because this is a podcast, and we get to do things a little differently here! Of course, he was a three-sport all-state player in high school, All-Conference in both football and basketball at the University of Colorado, had a successful NFL career with Cleveland and Denver, is the 30-year voice of the Denver Broncos on KOA, and a state champion high school football coach, but that’s the stuff we all know.
So here’s the fun and offbeat stuff:
- Was a member of the Wheat Ridge High School band (albeit it was forth chair), where he played trombone for three years, including a stint with the Jazz band and the symphonic orchestra
- First job was at Putt Putt Golf on Wadsworth Blvd. (He was fired for having two friends help him clean the golf course in exchange for a free round of putt-putt golf)
- Favorite band – Earth Wind and Fire
- Favorite movie – The Godfather
- Named college pre-season All-American by Playboy Magazine in 1974. That’s cool by any standards!
- Favorite Book – “I Heard You Paint Houses” by Charles Brandt
- Song in his phone he’s embarrassed to admit- “Do you Remember” by Marc Anthony
- Only person besides Dave Winfield and Mickey McCarty to be drafted in all three professional sports. (Most people think it’s just he and Dave Winfield, but Mickey pulled off the same feat in the 1940’s)
I first met Dave way back in 1993 when I produced his sports show, and “The Sports Zoo” on KOA radio. I contend that was one of the highlights of his illustrious career, but he may disagree! After working with Dave, I went on to work in both radio and TV in San Diego. I eventually moved home to work at Altitude Sports were I was the TV sideline reporter for the Nuggets and Avalanche. I tell you all of this because I want you to know when you listen to our podcast, know you’re hearing two natives who absolutely love Colorado and our sports. It’s our goal to talk about the things that interest you and will try and make you smile along the way. We hope you enjoy…